• DataStage Architecture
• DataStage Clients
• DataStage Workflow
Types of DataStage Job
• Parallel Jobs
• Server Jobs
• Job Sequences
Setting up DataStage Environment
• DataStage Administrator Properties
• Defining Environment Variables
• Importing Table Definitions
Creating Parallel Jobs
• Design a simple Parallel job in Designer
• Compile your job
• Run your job in Director
• View the job log
• Command Line Interface (dsjob)
Accessing Sequential Data
• Sequential File stage
• Data Set stage
• Complex Flat File stage
• Create jobs that read from and write to sequential files
• Read from multiple files using file patterns
• Use multiple readers
• Null handling in Sequential File Stage
• Describe parallel processing architecture Describe pipeline & partition parallelism
• List and describe partitioning and collecting algorithms
• Describe configuration files
• Explain OSH & Score
• Combine data using the Lookup stage
• Combine data using merge stage
• Combine data using the Join stage
• Combine data using the Funnel stage
Sorting and Aggregating Data
• Sort data using in-stage sorts and Sort stage
• Combine data using Aggregator stage
• Remove Duplicates stage
• Understand ways DataStage allows you to transform data
• Create column derivations using userdefined code and system functions
• Filter records based on business criteria
• Control data flow based on data conditions
• Perform a simple Find
• Perform an Advanced Find Perform an impact analysis
• Compare the differences between two Table Definitions and Jobs.
Working with Relational Data
• Import Table Definitions for relational tables.
• Create Data Connections.
• Use Connector stages in a job.
• Use SQL Builder to define SQL Select statements.
• Use SQL Builder to define SQL Insert and Update statements.
• Use the DB2 Enterprise stage.
Metadata in Parallel Framework:
• Explain schemas.
• Create schemas.
• Explain Runtime Column Propagation (RCP).
• Build a job that reads data from a sequential file using a schema.
• Build a shared container.
• Use the DataStage Job Sequencer to build a job that controls a sequence of jobs.
• Use Sequencer links and stages to control the sequence a set of jobs run in.
• Use Sequencer triggers and stages to control the conditions under which jobs run.
• Pass information in job parameters from the master controlling job to the controlled jobs.
• Define user variables.
• Enable restart.
• Handle errors and exceptions.